50 Word Story Competition – See Your Story in Storytime
Write a brilliant 50-word story about any subject you like and we’ll pick the best one and publish it in Storytime. Not only that, but you’ll win 50 issues of Storytime – every single magazine we’ve ever published, plus a winner’s certificate to show how awesome you are!
The competition is open to all children aged 3 to 9, and you don’t have to be a Storytime reader to enter. Your story must be no longer than 50 words, and must be original and not have been published before.
To enter, photocopy or cut out the form from your latest issue of Storytime, or download it from this link here.
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to: The Editor, Storytime Magazine, Studio 2B18, Southbank Technopark, 90 London Road, London, SE1 6LN.
The closing date is 30th November 2018, and you can read full terms and conditions here.
- Try to give your short story a beginning, a middle and an end.
- Go straight into the action.
- Endings with suspense or surprises work well with very short stories.
- Funny is good, but remember – you’re telling a story, not just a joke!
- Get more tips from our 50 Word Story pack, which you can download here.